Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa 221g yellow form

Hi,
    I am in the USA since Feb 2008 on H1B. Presently working in a project in CA.I got married in Nov 2008. My wife had gone for the visa interview to the New Delhi embassy on 2nd of Dec with all my original documents . She answered all the questions quite confidently. They have kept her waiting for 2/3 hours and finally handed over a 221g yellow form, which says the application requires further administrative processing. They have kept all my original documents including marriage certificate and album and returned the passports. They tol'd my wife that the embassy will contact her once the process is over. I came back to the US without my wife. Already more than a month passed and she is yet receive any communication from the embassy. All my documents are quite clear(verified by our attorney).
    Can anybody have any idea, how long the process takes and what they do?
    Me and my wife are much worried for this incident as we never heard anything like this before. Any suggestions/ experiences/comments will be highly appreciated.
    Thank you so much.
    Last edited by srpatnaik; 01-07-2009, 09:06 PM.

H4 visa

I am in the USA since Feb 2008 on H1B. Presently working in a project in CA.I got married in Nov 2008. My wife had gone for the visa interview to the New Delhi embassy on 2nd of Dec with all my original documents . She answered all the questions quite confidently. They have kept her waiting for 2/3 hours and finally handed over a 221g yellow form, which says the application requires further administrative processing. They have kept all my original documents including marriage certificate and album and returned the passports. They tol'd my wife that the embassy will contact her once the process is over. I came back to the US without my wife. Already more than a month passed and she is yet receive any communication from the embassy. All my documents are quite clear(verified by our attorney).
    Can anybody have any idea, how long the process takes and what they do?
    Me and my wife are much worried for this incident as we never heard anything like this before. Any suggestions/ experiences/comments will be highly appreciated.

---- This is a wait ad watch game. Be patient and the US Consulate will reply appropriately. How much time it takes is only a guess that can be made

---- It is tough to accept all these decisions, nevertheless your wife will be given the visa

Subramanya

Comment

H4 visa 221g yellow form

Thanks Subbu for your reply.
      My wife recvd a call from the embassy on 8th Jan, they tol'd her that she can collect the documents any day between 9 to 12.They are supposed to send an email regarding any other document to produce at the embasy, but, we have not yet recvd any email. Hoping for the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X