Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent Help plz! Two H1B's? Who should I work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help plz! Two H1B's? Who should I work?

I am with employerA since 3 years and I am happy with him. We applied for Visa extension last month with premium processing and got a query. As my current visa was about to expire Jan 5,2009 and to be on a safer side I apprached EmployerB and applied for a H1B transfer just before Jan 5th and it got approved.

My H1 case through employerA is still under pending and haven't responded to the query yet. Employer B is forcing me to join him but I want to wait until my case decision through EmployerA is made. My payroll is currently being run by A.

My questions:
    1. Can I stay with Employer A until a decision is made and is it legal that he can run my payroll?
    2. As my H1 is transferred to B, does he also need to run my payroll as I am now an employee for B? I can't have two payrolls run

3. I want to work for Employer A if my H1 gets approved. However, if it gets denied I have no option than to join B. When should employer B start me on his payroll?

please respond asasp with best suggestions possible.

1. Yes, provided they are going to reply to RFE.
    2. Not until you join them or report to work or make yourself available.
    3. Immediately upon denial of A.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X