Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 transfer without approval papers possible ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer without approval papers possible ?

My situation is as follows:
    I was on L1 visa with A which was due for extension but got rejected and I had to move back to India. Meanwhile when I was in US, Company B (desi consultant) applied for H1 for me (without COS) and it got approved . They asked me to sign a bond which I refused to do , so I did not get any papers from them before leaving for India. I am still working with A and now all I have from B is EAC number of my H1 approval.
    Now I am thinking of joining company C in India. They have some onsite opportunity for me so can I can transfer my H1 from B to C , keeping in mind that I have never actually worked for B, neither do I have my approval papers ?
    Please advice.

It is always good to have at least scanned copy of approval. But it is possible to transfer with just receipt #. If receipt # mismatching then case will end up on RFE. If your employer ready to take a chance then they can try it. Also some lawyers insist on approval papers so you need to have good attorney too.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X