X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding my new baby born

Dear Senior members & Members,
    I am on H1B & Wife is on H4,
    my baby will born here soon in 15days, so, we have to add her name on H4 or she is USA citizen by brith?? if she is citizen by birth then what the process for apply.. I dont know it, I don't have good group who help us...
    thanks in advance..

Citizen by birth. The hospital will give birth certificate using which you can get a passport. No H4 needed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      Citizen by birth. The hospital will give birth certificate using which you can get a passport. No H4 needed.
      thanks, but any process we have to do it for that... where I will find it or read more? I found in google.com but not a real experience there.... new baby born need any NRI proof something indian origin proof???

Comment

Originally posted by PatelScope
        thanks, but any process we have to do it for that... where I will find it or read more? I found in google.com but not a real experience there.... new baby born need any NRI proof something indian origin proof???
        /documents-after-childbirth-in-usa/
        I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

thanks to all seniors , for my new baby born POI card as indian origine is must? or may I apply for POI in future like after 1year? becasue I am staying so far mountains area of colorado and Indian embassy is far upto 500miles from my home. POI is must or it's optional..

Comment

for my new baby born POI card as indian origine is must?
            Thats required when you travel to India with your baby. It allows visa free travel to your baby.

As per my knowledge, you can apply through regular mail too.

Try nearest embassy here for more information.
            https://www.immihelp.com/indian-emba...ulates-in-usa/
            I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Hi Patel,

I am also living in Denver , Colorado and done the PIO card for my son
              You can apply for PIO Card through SFO Consulate through Registered Mail.
              It will take Maximum 1 month for u to get PIO . For me it took 2 weeks.

PIO Card is not mandatory for u when ur baby go to India.In that case u have to get Indian visa Stamped in ur baby passport which again can be done through mail and which takes about 7-10 days.

But it is prefered that u get PIO done as it is valid for 5 Years for new babies and u don;t have to get Indian visa stamped everytime ur baby goes to India.

Before that u have to apply for Birth certificate and US Passport for ur baby

Thanks,

Abhay

Comment

thanks lots, now I understand the process thanks to immihelp members...

Originally posted by abhayg4
                Hi Patel,

I am also living in Denver , Colorado and done the PIO card for my son
                You can apply for PIO Card through SFO Consulate through Registered Mail.
                It will take Maximum 1 month for u to get PIO . For me it took 2 weeks.

PIO Card is not mandatory for u when ur baby go to India.In that case u have to get Indian visa Stamped in ur baby passport which again can be done through mail and which takes about 7-10 days.

But it is prefered that u get PIO done as it is valid for 5 Years for new babies and u don;t have to get Indian visa stamped everytime ur baby goes to India.

Before that u have to apply for Birth certificate and US Passport for ur baby

Thanks,

Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X