Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension and Visa interview - Help needed

Hi,

Sorry for the long text, but I have the following concerns regarding H1B extension and please provide your valuable suggestions if some one came across this situation....

1. My current H1B petition (I797) is valid only untill 20th June, 2009. Another thing is My H1B stamping on the passport expired in last year. I am planning to goto India in the March last week. So, I want to attend H1B Visa Stamping in India in April. Will US consulate issue Visa for 3 months (till 20th June, 2009) or is there any issue since the validaity of petition is left only for 3 months?
    2. If they issue Visa, When I come back to US on April 26, 2009 at port of entry, will CPB officer allow me or will it be a issue as my Visa/petition valid only for next 50 days?
    3. Let us suppose if I apply H1B extension now. So that when I go to visa interview in April in India with old and new petitions...
    A. Then the US consulate will issue the Visa - from Visa interview date to until June 20, 2009 as per old petition? Or
    B. They will issue visa as per new petition start date to end date? Or
    C. They will issue visa from Visa interview date to end date as mention on the new petition?
    4. I do have another concern, however. If the current H-1B expires in June, when the next H1B (I797) with the same employer will start? Either it will start after June or from the date (before June) when it get approval. In my case applying H1B extension now is good or applying later returning back from India in April is good. Please suggest.

Thank you.

Regards,
    - Srikanth.

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. C
    4. It starts the day the old petition ends.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

As everything is already answered.

I am just replying to ur last part - that applying for H1 exyension is good now or later.
      as per my opinion - It is good that u apply for ur extension now and if possible do premium processing.

So that when U go to India in April - u have the new petition and for Stamping u will get the new end date as per the new petiition.

If u apply later i.e. after coming back.then in april in India- u have to go for stamping which will have end date till June'2008.
      and then ur visa will expire again in June'2008 and again when u go to India -u have to get it stamped again.

Thanks,
      Abhay

Comment

H1B extension and Visa interview - Help needed Reply to Thread

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Now I am clear about the end date of the Visa.

Please clarify me on the below one.

Old petition expires on June 20, 2009.

For exmaple:New petetion validity: June 21st 2009 to June 2012.
        FYI - Both petitions are for same employer.

If I go for the Visa stamp Interview in India on March 30th:

1. While booking the Visa interview: I think I have to book it with my old petition? Please confirm.

2. My Visa start and End dates:

A.Start date: Either June 21st 2009 or Visa interview date March 30th 2009?

Please confirm which will be the starting date of Visa when I attend Visa interview on march 30, 2009.

B. End date: June 2012. Please confirm.

3. Then on the Visa on the passport, which petition (either old or new) number will be printed by US consulate?

Thank you so much for your advise.
        Srikanth.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X