Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and H4 visa for Wife ?

Hi,

I need your advice, to get H1/H4 visa for my wife.

On Sept 2008, we got our marriage certificate. My marriage as per hindu tradition is in the month of Feb 09.
    I want to get H1 Visa and H4 visa.

What should be the sequence to apply for these Visas.

My Plan - If my wife, does not get a job, she can stay with me, because she has a H4 visa and once she gets a job, she can again work on H1 visa? Can this chain, continue OR how will it work?

Thanks

There is no specific chain of events. Your wife can return with you on H4, find a sponsor, have them apply for her H1b. If she gets it approved as a change of status, she has to begin work from Oct 1st and get paid from day 1 to remain in status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

read immihelp.com visas about H1B & H4, don't be guess anything here, for you I am pasting link here if you dont read or if you dont know about it, read it:
      Links:

there are lots of documentation related changing status from H4 ot H1b.
      read it and understand that process, get ready with all docs.
      best luck if your wife is looking for job into the usa.

Originally posted by darkstar
      Hi,

I need your advice, to get H1/H4 visa for my wife.

On Sept 2008, we got our marriage certificate. My marriage as per hindu tradition is in the month of Feb 09.
      I want to get H1 Visa and H4 visa.

What should be the sequence to apply for these Visas.

My Plan - If my wife, does not get a job, she can stay with me, because she has a H4 visa and once she gets a job, she can again work on H1 visa? Can this chain, continue OR how will it work?

Thanks
      Last edited by PatelScope; 01-13-2009, 07:32 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X