H1 transfer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer question

Thanks for answering my previous question. I came to US with visa stamped for employer A on mar 2005 and filled for H1 transfer to company B on June 2005 and got approved. I was working with the same employer till now. I went back to India and came back with the old visa of employer A and new I94 . I got my H1 renewed with the employer B. Now I am planning to transfer to Company C. I have all the paystubs and the I797 documents required. My concern is will there be any issues in transfering H1 to company c with i797 approval of company B and with visa of company A.

I tried to search for it in the forum, but i could not find it. you response will be of great use..

Thanks

Visa does not come into play for a transfer. Visa is only for entry into US.

Even if it did, it will not impact the transfer as the rules allow one to travel on an unexpired visa with the new employer's I797.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

tranfer to company C

don't worry about your situation. technically, you are transferring from B to C. If you have all the docs from B then you are fine.

best luck,

ajay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X