No announcement yet.

Experts - pls adv on new h1b filing-2010 though 2009 petition with 221g exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experts - pls adv on new h1b filing-2010 though 2009 petition with 221g exist

Hi H1 gurus,

I need your valuable comments on H1B petition application process. I hv attended h1b visa interview at chennai consulate on nov 2008. they hv issued me with blue form (221g) and asking for more documents from my employer. But employer is delaying to send those documents. Right now my current employer in india is asking me to submit documents for filing
    h1b for the year 2010. I am totally confused whether to submit documents or not bcoz of the existing 2009 h1b petition with other employer with 221g blue form.

Pls advise gurus whether shall we apply for the H1B eventhough the existence our last year applied petition issued with 221g blue form?

pls put your valuable comments on this!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need your valuable comments on H1B petition application process. I hv attended h1b visa interview at chennai consulate on nov 2008. they hv issued me with blue form (221g) and asking for more documents from my employer. But employer is delaying to send those documents. Right now my current employer in india is asking me to submit documents for filing
    h1b for the year 2010. I am totally confused whether to submit documents or not bcoz of the existing 2009 h1b petition with other employer with 221g blue form.

Pls advise gurus whether shall we apply for the H1B eventhough the existence our last year applied petition issued with 221g blue form?

---- Stop double posting and withdraw one posting

---- You can apply for a new H1 and go through the lottery or even transfer the existing H1 if you have all the documents

---- You can do this while you are in India

Subramanya

Comment

Experts - pls adv on new h1b filing-2010 though 2009 petition with 221g exist

Thanks Mr. Subramanya,

I am in India and currently working with one of the leading IT ERP software consulting company. A H1B petition has been filed for me by one of the IT employer (small consulting company with 7 or 8 people working on it) in US for yr 2009 cap. Mine has got picked in the lot and the petition also approved by uscis. I hv attended visa interview on Nov 2008 at chennai consulate but it ended up with 221g blue form asking for more documents from my US employer on that time I have been working with my current employer in India.

Now my current employer in Inda is initiating the h1b petition application process for the fiscal year 2010.

For the case of 221g refusal FY 2009 the US employer is unable to send the required documents. i Hold the 221g blue form with me.

Now shall I proceed with application of new h1b petition for the FY 2010 thru my current Indian employer?

will my existing 221g blue form for the fy 2009 affect the new petition application for the fy 2010 thru my current employer?

Pls advise!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

filing of new h1b for fy 2010 though 2009 petition exist with 221g blue form

Originally posted by Subramanya

---- Stop double posting and withdraw one posting

---- You can apply for a new H1 and go through the lottery or even

transfer the existing H1 if you have all the documents

---- You can do this while you are in India

Subramanya

Thanks Mr. Subramanya,

I am in India and currently working with one of the leading IT ERP software consulting company. A H1B petition has been filed for me by one of the IT employer (small consulting company with 7 or 8 people working on it) in US for yr 2009 cap. Mine has got picked in the lot and the petition also approved by uscis. I hv attended visa interview on Nov 2008 at chennai consulate but it ended up with 221g blue form asking for more documents from my US employer on that time I have been working with my current employer in India.

Now my current employer in Inda is initiating the h1b petition application process for the fiscal year 2010.

For the case of 221g refusal FY 2009 the US employer is unable to send the required documents. i Hold the 221g blue form with me.

Now shall I proceed with application of new h1b petition for the FY 2010 thru my current Indian employer?

will my existing 221g blue form for the fy 2009 affect the new petition application for the fy 2010 thru my current employer?

Pls advise!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

new petition

you can file new petition but you would need to declare in the form about your past application. if you lie and the US consulate catches you then you are banned for life.
          if you disclose on your form that you have already applied for a visa then you are screwed by your current employer.
          your US employer will not provide the required documents since they are small time staffing consulting.
          so now is the time to come clean to your present employer and let them know the situation. They would come to know later anyhow.

Best luck,

Ajay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X