Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 using COS

Hi,

My friend works for Company A in L1 which expires in May 2011.She's currently in US on L1. However due to recent market situations she's likely to loose her job by end Feb 2009 from Company A. Company B however i ready to sponsor for her H1 but would like her to join from March 2009. The VISA she's holding are only valid L1 and B1 and expired H1 [expired early 2007].

Pl advise on the options left for her without going back to her home country [outside USA]. She needs to stay here for her family reasons.

Appreciate your help and advise - pl consider this as urgent.

Thank you.

Visa is just for entry. If she has an approved H1b in the past, any period left on a total of 6 years between L1 and H1b can be used by a new company. They have to apply for a COS before she loses L1 status. She has to wait till COS gets approved to begin work on H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L1 to H1 using COS

Thanks very much for the quick reply.

Upon checking with the processing time from USCIS website i find that there are two categories

I-129 --> "H-1B - Specialty occupation - Change of status in the U.S." &
      I-539 --> "Change of status to H or L dependents"
      Which of the above will be applicable for her.

Also there was a typo in my prev mail her H1 expired in 2001.

Pl advise.

Thank you once again for the service rendered.

Comment

Follow the link to FAQ and read about remainder option. It would be I129 and employer/attorney has to do it. The employee cannot.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X