Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Interview questions

Hello All,

Can someone please answer this queries. My family is going for H4 Stamping. My family is in India. My wife had a H-4 Visa. She has been in USA and left to India. I have sent my wife back to India for delivery of my baby. Her H4 Visa has expired couple of months back. My kid does not have US Visa. My wife is going for renewal of Visa and my kid needs a New Visa.

I have below queries which i find little bit tricky for Interview :

1) I am working in a consulting company. For the last 1 year i am Working from Home for the Client. Before this Project i was Travelling and work at the client site over the week and come back to my base location over the weekend. My Company is based in location 'A' and my present client is in location 'B' and i live in location 'C'. But for the present Project i am working from home. I get paid fully.

The below following questions can be asked for the Interview.

1. Where is his employer located?
    2. Where are his clients located?
    3. Where does your husband work?

For question 2, i can say all of my Previous and Present Project clients.

Now what should i say for 3rd Question. I am not sure if my wife should say as location 'C' i.e., where i live. And in case if they ask for my present client location we need to mention as location 'B' which may lead to further questions. Also my Company does not have a office where i live i.e., location 'C'. And if she says that i am Working from Home, it can be a Problem as generally this may not be the proper way of working as they may think
    that i am on Bench and company is not able to find Projects for me. Or should the answer be that i Travel and my base location is 'C'.

Please Advise.

2) Previously 3 years back when my wife went for H4 Visa Interview they have asked - "Do you have any relatives in USA" for which she said 'No'. Actually my Sister and Brother in law are in US. She was confused may be at that time as she was thinking relatives from her side. But the correct answer should be 'Yes'. I think they will ask the same question now. I am thinking she should say 'Yes'. Do you think is it a problem if she says 'Yes' now. Last time it was a different counsulate . Also when she came last time to US we stayed at my sisters house for sometime and presently my contact address is also given as my Sisters Address.

Do they make note of what we spoke in the interview.

3) For the question "How did you receive the documents" - I have sent it through my sister when she went to India 2 months back. Do we need to exactly say that or can we say that the documents are sent through a friend. This is just to avoid the relative question.

Please Advise.

Hello Txh1b,

Can you please suggest regarding the Tricky questions i have for the H4 interview to be attended soon. It will be a great help if you can take look into this.

Best Regards.

Comment

1. Wherever they are located
      2. Same as above.
      3. #2 Your current client. Nothing but the truth. If further questioned, you can mention travel and home office location. Nothing to worry as working from home is a reality these days for many consultants.If you have paystubs, YTD salary, W2s etc, why would they assume you are on bench unles you really are, you don't have anything to worry about.

==============

2. Truth. Non issue.

3. You are thinking too much.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hello Txh1b,

Thanks for the reply. I could not clearly understand by what you said "If further questioned, you can mention travel and home office location".

Actually for the last 1 year i have not Travelled. I was just working from Home. It was before the last 1 year i travelled.

I think you meant first i should mention as My Current Client. And if they ask further i should mention as location 'C' which is my home location. Is that correct.

Thanks.

With Best Regards.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks very much for your comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Originally posted by infoqry View Post
          Hello All,

Can someone please answer this queries. My family is going for H4 Stamping. My family is in India. My wife had a H-4 Visa. She has been in USA and left to India. I have sent my wife back to India for delivery of my baby. Her H4 Visa has expired couple of months back. My kid does not have US Visa. My wife is going for renewal of Visa and my kid needs a New Visa.

I have below queries which i find little bit tricky for Interview :

1) I am working in a consulting company. For the last 1 year i am Working from Home for the Client. Before this Project i was Travelling and work at the client site over the week and come back to my base location over the weekend. My Company is based in location 'A' and my present client is in location 'B' and i live in location 'C'. But for the present Project i am working from home. I get paid fully.

The below following questions can be asked for the Interview.

1. Where is his employer located?
          2. Where are his clients located?
          3. Where does your husband work?

For question 2, i can say all of my Previous and Present Project clients.

Now what should i say for 3rd Question. I am not sure if my wife should say as location 'C' i.e., where i live. And in case if they ask for my present client location we need to mention as location 'B' which may lead to further questions. Also my Company does not have a office where i live i.e., location 'C'. And if she says that i am Working from Home, it can be a Problem as generally this may not be the proper way of working as they may think
          that i am on Bench and company is not able to find Projects for me. Or should the answer be that i Travel and my base location is 'C'.

Please Advise.

2) Previously 3 years back when my wife went for H4 Visa Interview they have asked - "Do you have any relatives in USA" for which she said 'No'. Actually my Sister and Brother in law are in US. She was confused may be at that time as she was thinking relatives from her side. But the correct answer should be 'Yes'. I think they will ask the same question now. I am thinking she should say 'Yes'. Do you think is it a problem if she says 'Yes' now. Last time it was a different counsulate . Also when she came last time to US we stayed at my sisters house for sometime and presently my contact address is also given as my Sisters Address.

Do they make note of what we spoke in the interview.

3) For the question "How did you receive the documents" - I have sent it through my sister when she went to India 2 months back. Do we need to exactly say that or can we say that the documents are sent through a friend. This is just to avoid the relative question.

Please Advise.
          Last edited by jerryvn01; 09-08-2010, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Hello Txh1b,

Thanks for the reply. I could not clearly understand by what you said "If further questioned, you can mention travel and home office location".

Actually for the last 1 year i have not Travelled. I was just working from Home. It was before the last 1 year i travelled.

I think you meant first i should mention as My Current Client. And if they ask further i should mention as location 'C' which is my home location. Is that correct.

Thanks.

With Best Regards.
            Hi,

I agreed with you. Any way, your ideal make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting.Tks and best regards
            Last edited by vegetablevn; 08-31-2010, 09:56 PM.

Comment

H4

Hello Txh1b,

Can you please suggest regarding the Tricky questions i have for the H4 interview to be attended soon. It will be a great help if you can take look into this.

Best Regards.
              subha

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X