Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer fee

Hello

I came to US through my Indian Employer. After 6 months, I transferred H1 to a company in USA and was working with that company for 5 months. Now again I transferred my H1 to a different employer in USA in December and started with them from 1st December 2008.

My previous employer has deducted a huge sum of money towards H1 transfer from my last pay eventhough it was mentioned in my employment agreement that Legal fees will be recovered from my final settlement if I leave the company before 12 months and not the H1 fees.

Is my Ex-Employer correct in deducting H1 transfer fee from my last pay under the name of Legal fee.

Thanks
    Suresh

Depends on what you signed and how much the legal fee is. You can demand proof for the deduction and complain to DOL as many parts of the H1b fees cannot be taken from the employee.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Transfer Fees

Hi nashokk,
      How much fees did the employee charge for the H1 transfer ?

Comment

legal fee

you have to contend with the situation now. if you had asked your employer earlier what the legal fee would be then you had some say. don't forget that the attorney works for your employer and not with you.

so you are screwed. besides, if i were your employer, i would do the same thing. who wants to deal with short term employees. first, check your actions before accusing anybody else.

Ajay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X