Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping New Delhi - Need help!!

Hi,
    I came to US in Oct 2006 on an L1 visa. I have been to my Home Country twice in the meantime. In Oct 2007, I applied for an F1 visa with a school in New York and apparently there was a wait for 18 months for processing the visas in queue. Meanwhile, I applied for an H1 visa and my petition was approved. I am currently working on a project on H1 B visa with no issues at all. I plan to go to India in March 2009 and want a smooth stamping process.
    I have the following concerns:
    1. Could there possibly be an issue with the stamping - i have never been out of status
    2. Is it better to go to Canada / Mexico to get the stamping before going to the home country?
    3. Given the market condition, hows the scenario in New Delhi consulate for stamping of visas? Are there too many rejections?

Please help! This is very urgent.

Thanks!
    Regards,
    AJ

In Mexico, they are not stamping fresh visas anymore. They do only the extensions.

My wife attended Interview in New Delhi and there were questions about the project description, roles and responsibilities, Previous W2 and Paystubs. The discussion went more on W2s and PayStubs because we had some issues because of lack of Job for certain period. We got the Visa stamped.
    If you have the proper supporting documents to prove what you are saying, I think there won't be any issues.

Hope this helps! All the Best.

Comment

do you think we are stupid?

18 months to process your F1. Do you think this place is full of morons who would buy anything you sell?
      Get your head clear before you put anything on public forum.
      I have no idea what you are trying to achieve with your post. (I work in senior management, so I read the gist in a second.) you may be right but you have misrepresented with twisted facts here.

Ajay

Originally posted by aj10
      Hi,
      I came to US in Oct 2006 on an L1 visa. I have been to my Home Country twice in the meantime. In Oct 2007, I applied for an F1 visa with a school in New York and apparently there was a wait for 18 months for processing the visas in queue. Meanwhile, I applied for an H1 visa and my petition was approved. I am currently working on a project on H1 B visa with no issues at all. I plan to go to India in March 2009 and want a smooth stamping process.
      I have the following concerns:
      1. Could there possibly be an issue with the stamping - i have never been out of status
      2. Is it better to go to Canada / Mexico to get the stamping before going to the home country?
      3. Given the market condition, hows the scenario in New Delhi consulate for stamping of visas? Are there too many rejections?

Please help! This is very urgent.

Thanks!
      Regards,
      AJ

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X