Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2 form

Hi,

I have recently transfered my H1 from employer A to B. My papers are still under process, H1 is not transfered as I have not got the receipt. I need to fill W2 form for Tax. But my old employer A are not giving me W2 form. Can I take W2 form from my new employer B?

Hi,

As far as I know...NOT giving W-2 form is Illegal....

because to file tax in US...u have to W-2's from all ur employers...otherwise if u file tax just on the basis of W-2 from new employer ....its illegal from ur part also...as u are now showing ur complete earnings...

Thanks,
    Abhay

Comment

Hi,

correction:

as u r NOT showing ur complete earnings...

--Abhay

Comment

Employer MUST send W2. No exceptions.

First, find your last pay stub from that employer. You'll need the information shown there -- wages, Social Security and Medicare taxes paid, federal and, if applicable, state and local taxes withheld, any pension or 401(k) contributions -- to recreate your missing W-2.

The stub also should show the employer information: company name, address and possibly the employer identification number, or EIN. If the EIN isn't on a pay stub and you received a W-2 from the errant employer in prior years, the tax number will be on the old statements. You don't have to have the EIN, but it will help when the IRS processes your return.

Armed with this information, call the IRS at 800-829-1040 for help in obtaining the missing form. The IRS will use the employment data you gathered -- along with your personal information, such as your Social Security number and dates of employment -- to remind your boss that you need a substitute W-2.

Form 4852
        The IRS will send your boss a special form noting that you did not receive your W-2. You'll get a copy of that notice along with a Form 4852, Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement. If, even after nudging from the IRS, your employer doesn't send you a replacement W-2 in time for you to file your return, you may file using Form 4852 in place of your missing wage statement.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

how many W2??

I worked for company A till Sep 2008. From Oct 2008 I am working for Company B. shall i receive two separate W-2 ie one from each company?

Comment

Originally posted by simplyshree
            I worked for company A till Sep 2008. From Oct 2008 I am working for Company B. shall i receive two separate W-2 ie one from each company?
            YES.

Comment

so how many w-2s will i get in my case. can any expert please clarify.

Comment

You get a W2 from each employer that has ever paid you and you worked for in that year. Why is it so difficult to get?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X