Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B query....Urgent

Hi,

I have found a H1B sponsor for me, who is willing to file the application on my behalf. But my current employer might want me to travel to US in April 09, on a B1 or a L1. I want to know:

1) If my present company starts my B1/L1 visa processing in the last week of March or in April(when H1 application needs to be submitted), will it be legal for my sponsor to file an H1B application for me??

2) If I am in US before 1st April, 2009, on a B1/L1, can my sponsor still go ahead and file my application.

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

well many thanks for the reply. I have one last question. Let's say my application is picked in the lottery process, Will I be under any obligation to work for my H1b sponsor(meaning I would have to travel to US in oct). Or can I use this application to travel at a later time, may be in march 2010. Incase I am not able to travel to US in Oct, due to commitment with my current employer, Can my H1B sponsor take any legal action on me??

Thanks again.
      Last edited by samsingla; 01-25-2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

immihelp....waiting to hear from u again..

Comment

can anyone help???

Comment

Originally posted by itzprams
            Original idea behind H1B visa is, sponsoring H1b to a skilled professional for using his/her services. lets say comp A and B SPONSORED your visa.Both are approved by USCIS. You joined comp B. Comp A can file a law suit against you for liquidated damages.

Looking at the economy, multiple H1b filing is possible only when an employee pays to the different employers to increase the chances.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X