Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer

Hi all,

I have come to us in 2008 and stayed there for a couple of months. I was on bench for both the both. i had to return back to my home country for some personal reasons. I wanted to return imm but due to the market conditions my employer asked me not to come. I have actually postponed my trip to us in feb. But then my employer is asking me not to come even then. I now want to change my employer as he said that he wont be able to place any1 in that condition.
    1. firstly can I come to us and immediately change my employer without any pay stubs?
    2. Can I come to us when my employer doesn't want me to come? Is there any way he come to know abt my arrival? Will i be able to change my employer without his knowledge?
    3. Is it safe to tranfer my H1 rite now in this market condition?
    4. wat if its there is a query?
    5. How is the market condition?

Kindly do advice as my traveling date is nearing. Please help me out.

1. No. You should not do that. It is illegal. You han have a new sponsor and have the H1b approved and enter to work for the new company.
    2. No, You should not.
    3. Depends on your job.
    4. You are screwed.
    5. Don't you read newspapers? Bad.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for ur reply.. What can I do now? I don't want my H1 to get cancelled. Please advice

Comment

1. You can come to usa but when you apply for changing employer its very difficult nowadays. A friend of mine got so many queries that he had to leave the country. No paystubs, no transfer nowadays!!!
        2. I think that is not a good idea since you are at the mercy of your employer on H1b. I know it sucks!
        3. I am pretty sure no big companies direct clients are hiring right now. You would get offers from desi consultants if you get :-) but you'll be in the same situation again in this market.
        4. Query???You'll have to go back
        5. Market condition- Not good. Hope for the best and my personal advise don't think of switching jobs right now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X