Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 Visa with a pending H1 Visa - Advice needed !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa with a pending H1 Visa - Advice needed !!

Hello folks,
    I hope somebody could advice on the following issue.
    I m getting married in June and will be bringing my wife on H4 Visa to US in June 2009. I m also planning to apply for her H1B Visa in April 2009.

Technically speaking, she would have a H4 Visa approved (finger crossed) and a pending H1B visa. Is this ok ? Or is it not advisable to have a pending H1B Visa with a H4 Visa application.

Please advice if you are in the same boat and or have been thru this

thanks,

BB

guys any advice !

Comment

what do you mean by "pending H1B visa"
      I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

The last I checked, these are two different categories of visa.

One that you are referring to as H1b visa is a petition that could be pending, not a visa. It is not an issue to get H4 visa processed with a pending H1b petition.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

txh1b,

So what you are saying is " it should not be a problem to bring my fiance to the US under H-4 after I get married while her H-1B is pending. However, she may have to leave, if she gets selected for the lottery to get a new H-1B visa stamp.

I confirmed with a lawyer on this too. Do you think I should double check with another lawyer regarding this issue or this is a fairly simple thing ?

Thanks again

BB

Comment

This is a fairly simple fact and doesnt need any second and third opinion.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X