Pls Need advice with H1 Petition Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls Need advice with H1 Petition Transfer

I am presently working for a company in India which has filed my H1 and it got approved in 2007. But unfortunately my firm is not letting me go for stamping. and my petition is valid till 2010.

I only have a receipt number with me.All other documents are with my employer.

Could someone pls suggest me what other options are left for me to get my H1 stamped? As requesting my current employer seems no help .

Thanks

You can get it transferred to another,

Even scanned copy of approval would work. Try asking for it.

You can transfer with receipt number but you have to take a chance. what is the guarantee that this receipt# is yours?

If it is not belongs to you then transfer will end up on RFE.

Also make sure that you have not signed anything with current petitioner as he may sue you.
    Last edited by itzprams; 01-28-2009, 12:25 PM.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Thank you very much for replying...

I just got the Receipt number starting with EAC

The firm is too shrewd to provide me any of those details...

Till now i have not signed any legal agreements with current firm...

Can i apply for a duplicate copy for my i797 will that help in any way...?

Comment

You cannot apply for a duplicate.
        Just your company and its lawyer can do that.
        I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Originally posted by hermetic
          Could someone pls suggest me what other options are left for me to get my H1 stamped?
          Why do you want to get it stamped if your employer is not ready. May be he does not have any on-site opportunity.

You can transfer to another employer but for safe side better to have an approval copy.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X