Recapture Time period - cost+when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recapture Time period - cost+when

My 6th year on H1 will expire on 3 Oct 2010. My employer is going to apply for the LC very soon.
    In these 6 years, I was out of country for 3 months and 3 weeks, Can you please tell me, when should I apply for the recapture period and how much should it cost? If lawyers are needed to be involved, how what would be their approx cost?
    Please give me your comments, keeping in mind, that I need to file my LC.

Thanks

Any updates

Can someone please update this thread ?

Comment

My 6th year on H1 will expire on 3 Oct 2010. My employer is going to apply for the LC very soon.
      In these 6 years, I was out of country for 3 months and 3 weeks, Can you please tell me, when should I apply for the recapture period and how much should it cost? If lawyers are needed to be involved, how what would be their approx cost?
      Please give me your comments, keeping in mind, that I need to file my LC.

---- You recapture your time when you apply for an H1 extension. Even otherwise you can apply for recapture, but then you have to pay for the recapture now and then for the extension

---- The cost is only the fees as mentioned on the USCIS Website (refer fees for H1)

---- If you already have an attorney or your company should be having one, they determine the cost. anyway the H1 extension has to be applied by your comapny and not you and they have bear the cost)

---- Filing your LC has nothing to do with H1 extension. Both are independent activiites. USCIS wants that you be in legal status when you apply for LC

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X