Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• layoff, status question

Hi

I got laid off and my last date of work would be 15th Feb. But If I am getting my last paystubs on the 28th feb, then am I out of status after 15th or after 28th? The last paystub is however, my dues settlement which they are going to generate in form of a paystub. Please advise..

I got laid off and my last date of work would be 15th Feb. But If I am getting my last paystubs on the 28th feb, then am I out of status after 15th or after 28th? The last paystub is however, my dues settlement which they are going to generate in form of a paystub. Please advise..

---- If you are going to be laid on FEB 15, that will be your last working day and thereafter you are out of status

---- Settlement of dues and other paper work can take its own course of time depending on the company culture and transaction times

Subramanya

Comment

after layoff

Thanks a lot
      but one more Q:I hv spoken to my HR and arranged for the dues to come in the form of a paystub..so it wud look like I was still working for them till the end of feb. Still will it be a status issue?
      Also, if I arrange it so with my employer that he doesn't revoke my H1 B till feb 28th(or even a little after), Is there any way for USCIS to know that I am not working ?
      Last edited by rvw; 01-30-2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

but one more Q:I hv spoken to my HR and arranged for the dues to come in the form of a paystub..so it wud look like I was still working for them till the end of feb. Still will it be a status issue?
        Also, if I arrange it so with my employer that he doesn't revoke my H1 B till feb 28th(or even a little after), Is there any way for USCIS to know that I am not working ?

---- If you can work with your HR to defer the date the letter is sent USCIS including the date indicated on the letter then you should be fine. owever, in the meanwhile you should either think of transferring to another company or apply for a B1/B2 to be in status in the US

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X