Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Renewal Toronto Feb 2009 221 g green slip

Hi All,

We had our appointment today at Toronto for my husband's H1b extension (I am a dependant). This is the conversation with VO:

VO: Hello, How are you doing?
    Us: Good

VO: Have you been working for 7 years in the US?
    Us: No, I came as a student and have been working for 4 years now after I finished my Masters.

VO: Have you been working with the same company till now?
    Us: No, I changed companies.

VO: Who are you working with currently?
    Us: ABC Company

The VO worked for a while on her PC. About 5-8 minutes or so. All this while, no questions asked and no documents required. Except I-797 which we had already submitted right in the beginning.

And then.. SHOCKER!! GREEN SLIP 221-g. She said no more documents are required of you right now and returned our passports.

VO: There is some stuff I can't complete for you right now, so I have to handover your case to someone else. Please wait until you recieve a call from us. The green slip will allow you to enter when we call you next time without appointment or paying the fees.

So now the Wait begins... They didn't ask us to submit any extra documents although we have every single document and my husband was also never on the bench in these 4 years.

If anyone of you is in the same boat as us, please reply via this forum.
    Will keep everyone updated.

P.S. My husband's form (DS-156) stated PIMS verified.

I see this more and more now a days. And it is really hard for ppl who go to Canada, Mexico etc to renew visa planning a stay of 2-3 days, and they get stuck with something like this. Now, if your old visa expired, you cant re-enter US, and going to home country is very expensive and way out of the plan.

It is better for people who have relatives or friends locally, but otherwise this is a big headache. I advise to always renew visa in home country.

Comment

Hi,
      I am also in the same boat however in India with 221g. As you are in toronto they may get back to you in few days. For me its been 2months (embasy 21 nov ..docs sent on 11 dec --got call on 6th Jan for paystubs and w2) . Even i had PIMS Found/Verified (which is Petition Information Management System) written on my DS156 , till now Still under Admin processing.....i was also on Job and came for vacation but now everything is in chaos. Wish u all the best n wish me too...

Nav
      Last edited by knitsharp; 02-03-2009, 01:48 PM.

Comment

It doesnt matter if one is in canada or india or mexico, they will take the time they need.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X