W2 for back wages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W2 for back wages

I have worked for company A in 2006 and they ran my payroll for the state XX where the employer resides not the state YY (client place). Now iam working for company B
    I got W2 for Company B. Couple days back Company A sent me the W2 for 2008 and they said that W2 is for back wages processed in 2008.
    My Question is.
    In 2006 I have received w2 for state XX(employer) and now in 2008 I have received the w2 for the same employer A for state YY(client place).Is this sounds ok or do I need to correct them before I apply for tax returns?
    Please advice me.

I am not sure I understand your question. If the back wages were processed in 2008, you pay state taxes to the state where you resided in 2008.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

?

Comment

back wages were ran in 2008 for which i worked in 2005 and for employer A.But the state taxes i payed in 2005 and 2006 are state XX and they ran new w2 for stateYY.

Comment

What is the deal? Why were there back wages paid? Is this part of a cover up scheme?

The answer remains the same.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I think you are on the spot...

It is indeed a cover up scheme.

ajay

Originally posted by txh1b
            What is the deal? Why were there back wages paid? Is this part of a cover up scheme?

The answer remains the same.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X