Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help H1

Hi H1b gurus,

I came to US on H1b in early 2007. My I 94 was valid till oct 2009. I got my h1b transferred to another company . I went to India and came back and joined the new company in Jan 2009. I entered US using the new Approval Notice and old visa. My new i94 date became 2011. After joining here, I realized it was a mistake. Now I want to move back to the old company. My old company is ready to take me back. They haven't revoked my H1b till now. Does my old company need to file for H1B transfer again? Or is it sufficient to leave the country and come back on old visa.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Gaurav

No new transfer needed if the petition is already valid.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks a lot. Does that mean I can simply join my previous employer without leaving US? My wife is on H4 which is based on my new companies I 797. What will happen to her h4?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Gaurav

Comment

Talk to your lawyer about that. I think it is possible but I am not sure. H4 is never linked to the employer but goes by the validity date on the I-94 of the H4.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X