Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long can i work on H1

how long can i work on H1
    Last edited by simplyshree; 06-16-2010, 05:35 PM.

H1 + L1 = 6 years

So it should be 2012
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

ok
      Last edited by simplyshree; 06-16-2010, 05:35 PM.

Comment

You need to understand that only time spent inside US on H1 or L1 status counts towards the 6 year limit. So, you need to do the math.

Deduct any vacations, period outside US which can be recaptured into the 6 years. That will give you the accurate end date for the H1. If you entered 3 months late on H1b into US, then the 3 months can be re-captured.

Also note that USCIS has to approve the recaptured time for one to use it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks a lot TxH1b for the clarification

Comment

Originally posted by simplyshree
            I came to USA on Nov 20 2006 on L1B visa. I got my H1b from 1 Oct 2008.
            As H1B is valid for 6 years i should be good till 2014. However I guess my previous L1 years will use bit of it. Till how long can i stay in USA will it be 19 Nov 2014 or 1 st Oct 2014 ?
            ---- 6years only , so 2012 is end year for you...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X