X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About TAX on pay stub..

I got pay stub on every 15 days...
    ok my question is:
    my employer cut tax of FICA, Federal and Medical from my money and its mentioned in pay stub too. I have to FICA , Fed tax, medical? why not Employer pay this from his pocket? please reply me if he have to pay this amount then I can save atlease some amount..
    Thanks...
    Patel Ritesh

You have to pay taxes for your income. Employer will pay their portion of taxes.

Originally posted by PatelScope
    I got pay stub on every 15 days...
    ok my question is:
    my employer cut tax of FICA, Federal and Medical from my money and its mentioned in pay stub too. I have to FICA , Fed tax, medical? why not Employer pay this from his pocket? please reply me if he have to pay this amount then I can save atlease some amount..
    Thanks...
    Patel Ritesh

Comment

Originally posted by hfv
      You have to pay taxes for your income. Employer will pay their portion of taxes.
      -- so employer part is never mentioned on our pay stub?
      like they show ammount - tax = mysalary...
      but not a part of employer is shown...

Comment

Lets say you make $1,000 per month.

Your employer will deduct 7.65% as social security and medicare taxes, apart from other deductions like federal income tax, state tax (if any) and anything else. And give you rest of the money.

Additionally, your employer will contribute 7.65% of from their pocket towrads social security and medicare taxes.

Periodically, your employer will take that 7.65% x 2 tax and deposit it to the government. In other words, your employer would have already paid those taxes to the government that they deducted from your paycheck. Therefore, you don't have to worry about it.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp
          Lets say you make $1,000 per month.

Your employer will deduct 7.65% as social security and medicare taxes, apart from other deductions like federal income tax, state tax (if any) and anything else. And give you rest of the money.

Additionally, your employer will contribute 7.65% of from their pocket towrads social security and medicare taxes.

Periodically, your employer will take that 7.65% x 2 tax and deposit it to the government. In other words, your employer would have already paid those taxes to the government that they deducted from your paycheck. Therefore, you don't have to worry about it.
          -- thanks now I understand..
          but for an example if I leave USA after my H1B limit over or before these taxes or some ammount are returnable to me? if I never us any medical or social things..

Comment

-- so employer part is never mentioned on our pay stub?
            like they show ammount - tax = mysalary...
            but not a part of employer is shown...
            You don't have to worry about what taxes your employer is liable to pay. Just worry about what you need to do.
            Immihelp Support

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp
              You don't have to worry about what taxes your employer is liable to pay. Just worry about what you need to do.
              --- thanks ok.. but my part is or some amount is returnable when I resign my job or I will leave USA forever....

Comment

--- thanks ok.. but my part is or some amount is returnable when I resign my job or I will leave USA forever....
                The tax you pay is gone, and is not refundable. That is not like a retirement account.
                Immihelp Support

Comment

thats true

Comment

Originally posted by OMM
                    thats true
                    --thanks both of you, ohh worthless staying to USA on H1B.. , USA govt needs tax only and they are crying always about slowdown economy, uhhhh .... Better to go back france my birth country atleast they pay us back our some ammount from paid tax every year in december month... plus retirement benefits and retirement pensions.... thanks lots..

Comment

You are getting it wrong. It is only the FICA and SS taxes that are not refundable. If the employer has deducted more taxes due to the fact that you have other deductions that were not mentioned on a W4, you can get any amount that you qualify for returned by the US trasury.

Dederal and state taxes can be refunded if you overpaid. SS and Medicare are fixed taxes and cannot be refunded.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                        You are getting it wrong. It is only the FICA and SS taxes that are not refundable. If the employer has deducted more taxes due to the fact that you have other deductions that were not mentioned on a W4, you can get any amount that you qualify for returned by the US trasury.

Dederal and state taxes can be refunded if you overpaid. SS and Medicare are fixed taxes and cannot be refunded.
                        -- in my Texas state pay stub..
                        FICA
                        FED WT
                        Medical is fixed amount.

so in future I cant get anything return from above metioned.. Right...?
                        Last edited by PatelScope; 02-05-2009, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Texas does not have state taxes. Federal taxes depend on number of dependents you have and lot of other factors. Unless you go and enter your details into a 1040, you will not be able to figure out if you owe something to the govt or if they owe you.

If you owe them, you have to pay by April 15th. If they owe you, they will pay you in 2-6 weeks after you file your tax returns.

You need to do some reading or go to a CPA/tax professional to see if you will get anything in refund.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
                            Texas does not have state taxes. Federal taxes depend on number of dependents you have and lot of other factors. Unless you go and enter your details into a 1040, you will not be able to figure out if you owe something to the govt or if they owe you.

If you owe them, you have to pay by April 15th. If they owe you, they will pay you in 2-6 weeks after you file your tax returns.

You need to do some reading or go to a CPA/tax professional to see if you will get anything in refund.
                            ---- ok thanks..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X