Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 transfer procedure

Hi

This is Kishore, I need a favourable answer from this forum, the below the question I have, could some one please provide information.

Currently I am working on L1B for Company A from June 2008. I have applied
    H1B in 2008 quota from India from Company B and its got approved in the end of June 2008. Could you please let me know what is the procedure to change from L1 to H1 (I think we can call as amendment?) and in the mean time can I try for a job by continuing in L1 and converting to H1 after getting a job offer. Please let me know details of changing procedure.

Waiting for a valuable reply.

Thanks
    Kishore

L1 to H1

Kishore,
    Let me re-state your question as I understand:

You applied for H1B through Company B in 2008. In the mean time, your then employer Company A sponsored your L1 and you came to US to work for A on L1. Now, at the end of June 2008, you saw that your H1 was approved.
    Here are your options now:
    Beginning 1st October 2008, your status will change from L1 to H1 automatically. This means you are expected to work for Company B. But, if you want to continue working for Company A on L1, you have to go out of US once (say to canada or mexico or anywhere you like) and return back and get a new I-94 stamped for your L1 visa.
    OR
    You can resign your current company A and start working for company B.

Regards,
    VSH.

PS: Me or anyone at ImmiHelp (unless stated) are immigration attorneys (not even close). My response is based on what I know and understand. Please consult your company's immigration attorneys for legal answers.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X