Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 entry and extension

Hi,

I am having valid H1 till end of June 09 , Though i have got VISA, i have stayed back in India due to personal reasons and i have never visited US

I do not have SSN number even.

Now if i want to come to US for Job , I have following concerns.

1. With only 4 months of time to expire my VISA, will Immigration in US will allow me to enter, if so, what are the questions i would face and how to tackle them

2. If i apply for extension, what are the chances that it will get approved and when can i apply for this. If i come there and join in a job or if my employer is able to manage my pay stubs

Pls suggest.

Thanks Much!!

I am having valid H1 till end of June 09 , Though i have got VISA, i have stayed back in India due to personal reasons and i have never visited US

I do not have SSN number even.

---- If you not come to US for study or job, you will not have a SSN
    Now if i want to come to US for Job , I have following concerns.

1. With only 4 months of time to expire my VISA, will Immigration in US will allow me to enter, if so, what are the questions i would face and how to tackle them

---- Yes, they will permit. You have to show and prove that your employer is holding the job for you and have the latest letter from them

2. If i apply for extension, what are the chances that it will get approved and when can i apply for this. If i come there and join in a job or if my employer is able to manage my pay stubs

---- You have to join your job and prove that you are getting paid on the job by means of pay stubs. After that you apply for extension and it should be granted unless there are questions about the employer

Subramanya

Comment

H! Entry new amendment in US to limit H1 hirings

Looking into the current scenario - i doubt if any vendor is suggesting H1 people from India for any positions.

Offlate i am not receiveing any calls from people , earlier i used to get atleast 3-4 calls per day.

For the last two days am not getting any...

Is the new amendment affecting that seriously- can any one suggest.

Am really concerned about this, as this is the time i need to make a call on whethere i need to work on H1 or look for a change in India.

would any one suggest

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X