Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent:Advise req. Can I work for X in opt and apply for H1B through Y??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent:Advise req. Can I work for X in opt and apply for H1B through Y??

Hi,
    I've completed MS on dec 19th 2008 and my opt had started on jan 30th 2009. currently i'm in talks with a company X which is willing to offer me a job but not ready to sponsor H1B. Bcos I have opt I can work for them currently but later I'd require a sponsor.

I'm in contact with a consultancy Y (E-Verified) who is willing to apply for H1B & run payroll during bench period.

Also X said they can put me on payroll but i'll have to pay the payroll taxes. But then it would show that I'm working for both X and Y (as Y is also running payroll during bench period) which is not allowed.

My Questions:
    1.Can I work for X during the OPT period till I get a H1B (applied by Y) and then transfer the H1B to X ??
    2.Will my plan be legal if I can work for X but I'm not in his payroll?? Then it would show me as an employee of Y only.
    3.Will this transfer be approved if the pay submitted by X is less than that of Y for which I got a H1B ??
    4.Will it be a problem if X puts me on payroll??

OR 5. Do you think I shud directly tell Y abt this job with X?? then X would pay Y and Y would pay me. I kinda feel this one is safe..but worried that Y might not be earning as much as he would like to earn if he places with a client who is paying more. Will Y agree at all in th first place??

Do yourself a favor. Do not involve your future with a scumbag employer that is ready to defraud the government and get yourself into illegal and criminal activities of tax fraud and immigration fraud.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b for your immediate reply, but kindly elaborate on what my next move should be.

Go to the consultancy Y or join the company X (which is willing to hire me)??

once again thanks.

Comment

Join X and in the due course, you will gain experience and find a better employer and sponsor that will follow the law of this country and sponsor and pay for the H1b. Avoid companies like Y just like plague.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X