X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice

Hi all
    I am confused and need some advice.
    I am presently during internal medicine residency second year in US in H1B.
    I am basically from Chennai. I got my first B1/B2 from Delhi to take my step 2 CS, took the exam and came back. Then i took second B1/B2 from Doha, Qatar to take my step 3. This is because at that time i was working in Doha. took the step 3 exam and came back in weeks time. Then after i got my residency, i got my H1B stamped in US Embassy in Doha itself and then came to US.

I got my intial H1b For one year only whihc expired on June 30, 2008. My hospital applied for my extension and me and my wife, who is in H4, got the approval on April 2008 itself untill June 2010.

Since i my rotations after the April was very busy, i couldnt go and get my visa restamped with the new dates.

My Questions now is that can i go Ottawa for re-stamping for the new Extended period now for me and my wife. I am concerned that they will ask a questions that y am i in the country without restamping since we received the approval I 797 in the april itself.
    I am concerned in going to chennai consualte, as even though being a resident of chennnai, i took the intial from Delhi and then went to DOha and took further visa from there...

Please give me a direction...

thanks

I am confused and need some advice.
    I am presently during internal medicine residency second year in US in H1B.
    I am basically from Chennai. I got my first B1/B2 from Delhi to take my step 2 CS, took the exam and came back. Then i took second B1/B2 from Doha, Qatar to take my step 3. This is because at that time i was working in Doha. took the step 3 exam and came back in weeks time. Then after i got my residency, i got my H1B stamped in US Embassy in Doha itself and then came to US.

I got my intial H1b For one year only whihc expired on June 30, 2008. My hospital applied for my extension and me and my wife, who is in H4, got the approval on April 2008 itself untill June 2010.

Since i my rotations after the April was very busy, i couldnt go and get my visa restamped with the new dates.

My Questions now is that can i go Ottawa for re-stamping for the new Extended period now for me and my wife. I am concerned that they will ask a questions that y am i in the country without restamping since we received the approval I 797 in the april itself.
    I am concerned in going to chennai consualte, as even though being a resident of chennnai, i took the intial from Delhi and then went to DOha and took further visa from there...

---- If you continue to reside in the US with a valid I-94, there is no need of any visa stamp on your Passport.

---- However, if you wish to get a visa stamped on your Passport, you should go to Chennai. The reason being if you go to another country and if your are stuck, you cannot come back to US and you have to go to Chennai

---- Many a times the US Consulates in other countries are not able to verify your academic credentials if they are not from US

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X