Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Status

Hi,

My 6 years of H1-B expires 30-Sep-09. Due to the current economic condition my employer communicated that they are not going to file my Green Card. They also hinted about possible lay off.
    Given the above situation. What are the options available for me. How can I extend my stay in USA without having to go back to India.

Thanks,
    Aakhil

My 6 years of H1-B expires 30-Sep-09. Due to the current economic condition my employer communicated that they are not going to file my Green Card. They also hinted about possible lay off.
    Given the above situation. What are the options available for me. How can I extend my stay in USA without having to go back to India.

---- There are not many options left. What were you doing for 6 long years regarding your GC? Currently, you can go back to India and apply for H1 in April 2011

---- How do you expect employers to apply for GC this year when you H1 is expring in September i.e. just 7 months away

Subramanya

Comment

You could go back now with some time left on the H1b. Recapture any vacations outside US while on H1b into the H1b period. Once you can find an employer that can file a labor for you, have them apply for the labor while you are outside US, let the labor age out for 1 year (5-6 months at the least assuming you have 7 months left on H1b), enter US using the remainder period on the H1b for that employer, get H1b extensions based on aged out labor.

This is one of the solutions.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X