No announcement yet.

H1 & H4 visa - out of status ? - Help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 & H4 visa - out of status ? - Help !

I was on a L1 visa and my was on a L2 visa in 2008.

In April'08 my company applied for my H1 and a change of status of my wife from L2 to H4

In addition, my wife applied through a consulting company for her H1 and change of status from L2 to H1.

Both our H1s and change of status got approved. My wife's H4 also did get approved.

Since my wife was pregnant, we did not look for a job for her. Her employer asked her to send him an email that since she is pregnant, she will not be able to work until April'08.

She had a baby in Jan 2009 and wants to spend time with the baby for another couple of months.

I am getting a feeling that my wife may be out of status since Oct'08 - is this true ? Do you recommend any good lawfirms in Dallas area who can handle our case and file a change of status if required ?

Thanks for your reply.

You had applied for her H4 and H1 too
    What was the last status approved?

If first her H1 got approved and then H4 then she is on H4 now and you dont have to worry provided H1 holder maintaining valid status.

But if her H1 got approved after H4 approval then she is out of status as she is on H1 and not working. You need to google for immigration lawyers to solve this case and apply for COS from h1-h4.
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Last status

Appreciate your inputs, I will check on date on which the H1 and H4 got approved.

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X