Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Application for H-3 Visa interview at which consulate??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for H-3 Visa interview at which consulate??

Hey everyone,

In my I-129 and I-797 form the consulate mentioned is Mumbai as my India head office is in Mumbai. But I am a resident of Jharkhand, so while applying at vfs-usa.co.in it's showing me the interview dates available at Kolkata consulate. And I have been residing at my home and not in Mumbai for last 5 months.

Also there it's mentioned that "You must ensure that you have documentary evidence to prove the ‘State of Residence’ that you have selected to schedule the appointment. If it appears during the visa interview that you misrepresented your ‘State of Residence’, such facts will be noted on your case file and may adversely influence the outcome of your visa application".

So i am confused at what consulate should I schedule my visa interview appointment. And if i am applying for Mumbai consulate how will I be able to do that as i cannot state Maharashtra as my state of residence.

Can anyone help me out with this??

Thanks!!

Go for Kolkata, irrespective of which consulate is mentioned on your approval form.

Comment

Thank you for the information ..
      But I have another doubt ...Three persons' were filed under same petition....So there's only one original I 797B ... And you need to take original I 797B to the consulate ...Mine is kOlkata consulate while other two has Delhi and Chennai consulate respectively ...So how are the other two guys gonna deal with this ..

Thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X