Unique case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique case

I work in US and came back to visit family and get stamping done. While filling out the DS-156 I said NO to "has anyone filed immigrant petition on your behalf"

I was interviewed and granted visa verbally but could not get stamping as my passport lamination was coming out.

Reading through this forum I realized that I-140 is Immigrant petition and not I-485. I have approved I-140.

Since I need to resubmit my passport with new DS-156, should I make amendment in new DS-156 and admit my mistake or should I let it be the same?

In case I admit my mistake, they will say you concealed information during interview, and if not, then they may track it and then refuse me the visa stating I concealed information.

I am very distressed and any help would be greatly appreciated

Just submit a new form with the correct information. VOs are ready to listen to honest mistakes and they can figure out easily. Do not worry about that causing any problems.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by txh1b
      Just submit a new form with the correct information. VOs are ready to listen to honest mistakes and they can figure out easily. Do not worry about that causing any problems.
      Thanks txb1. I was wondering if I need to mention and admit my mistake in a cover letter since I am not going to appear for personal interview again or should I just make change in the DS-156 and submit. Do they tally the old DS-156 with new one?

Thanks again for your advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X