H1B renewal stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B renewal stamping

I am planning to go for H1 renewal stamping. I work for a consulting company in US. I just finished my current project. At the time of my visa interview i wont be working on any project.

Is this going to be a problem? What kind of documents visa officer might expect related to a project. Can i tell that i dont work at any client but for an in-house project/project for my employer and i work at my employer's office?

I have been to stamping before they have never asked me what client i work for. I always represented my employer and presented his information. Have they changed the rules recently.

Please help me out

Thanks,
    Amit

You have to be working all the time on H1. You can take a vacation as per company rules. What do you mean "Can I say you are working on an in-house project?" Do you think it is ok to lie? Beware.

Comment

Originally posted by orion
      Do you think it is ok to lie?
      Unfortunately, many do and are encouraged by their employers to do so.

Glad to see the action from ICE on such culprits that have rooted deep into the consulting business. I was hoping (not really) they ban all "H1b dependent" (If you don't know what that is, do your research before you post any rebuttals) employers (which is what many of these scumbags and shady employers belong to). This will open up some breathing space for some genuine employers.

This should clean up the mess and slavery that H1bs are subjected to by these [expletive].

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
        Unfortunately, many do and are encouraged by their employers to do so.

Glad to see the action from ICE on such culprits that have rooted deep into the consulting business. I was hoping (not really) they ban all "H1b dependent" (If you don't know what that is, do your research before you post any rebuttals) employers (which is what many of these scumbags and shady employers belong to). This will open up some breathing space for some genuine employers.

This should clean up the mess and slavery that H1bs are subjected to by these [expletive].
        I agree. Yes, the posts on this forum does show a change in working ways of the ICE. Looks like the current recession has given a wake-up call, or something has. Unfortunately they were way too lenient with applications for all temp work visas when the economy was booming. It was during that time that the h1b disease spread as deep as to the roots of IT consulting in US. Banning H1B dependent companies is a good idea. But if they put all applications for temp work visa through thorough scrutiny, it would help clean up the mess to a greater extent. Just checking on **** resumes, **** experience letters, **** paystubs, whether all rules and requirements were met and if the applicant is really eligible would have helped not to be

One simple rule (which I think is way too simple to follow) is asking for passport and educational certificates copies of a candidate even when an employer is hiring someone as a contractor consultant. So people who have 5 years of experience when they just passed out of schools yesterday would have no way to do it. Or anyone else who ****s up years and years of story on their resumes, or all those housewives who convert their years of experience of cooking in ******* into coding in C and JAVA and what not.

Comment

Wishful thinking on our part. Nothing more than that :-)

Posting a resume on dice is the worst thing one could do. You get hounded by the recruiters with a thick accent. They probably know to only call the people whose names sound desi.

Perhaps, the IT (****) gurus on bench or the H4s from a basement working for an employer working from the office suite (the garage) that claims to have 50-100 employees.

If the resume screams JAVA, they will call and ask, do you know DAAT NET? Aren't they the same?

If the resume says Business Analyst, they will call you for a Kwality Analeesht? Hey, both jobs have Analyst in common, must be the same!

Disgusting group of vultures. No offense against anyone in particular. I am just venting.

Oh well, today I am in mood for ranting especially after the weekend episode on the forum with {All Knowledgeable/Supreme} Infotech. No wonder the country seems to be anti-H1b these days and the reason, for the most part are these consulting companies aka scumbags.
          Last edited by txh1b; 02-17-2009, 09:03 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X