• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 and H1 active at same time

Can I have both H1 and L1 active?

Please advice

Regards,
    Abhisnha
    Last edited by abhisinha; 02-18-2009, 09:24 PM.

You definitely are confused about the whole deal. If your H1b was a COS, you are no longer on L1 and could have been working illegally. Read the many posts on the forum on the subject and also the FAQs.

One can only hold 1 status at a time. Furthermore, if your status is really L1, you do not need paystubs from H1b employer.

I am guessing through that your H1b could have been a COS and your work illegal ever since. You are in deep trouble if that is the case.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

You H1 was filed with COS.
      In this case, you continued to work for L1 employer post H1 approval.
      In this case you did not have pay stubs from H1 since you did not work for them.
      Now that you need to transfer your H1 to company C, they might be asking you for paystubs from the company who filed your H1. You cannot produce the paystubs since you did not work on H1.
      While transferring the H1, one need to prove the status through valid paystubs and a job.

You'll be in a deep trouble if you give your L1 paystubs. Moreover you cannot do that.

You are really in a great trouble. Beware that USCIS has really become strict and you need to obey the law or face action !

Contact an Immigration attorney soon.

Also, when was your H1 approved ? Was this filed with COS ? Get it confirmed from the H1 employer who filed it for you.

P.S. There are some shady employers to run false paystubs to prove that the person has worked on H1.
      Be very careful. It is illegal. You might be deported.
      Last edited by hikes; 02-17-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Thanks Hikes for your advice, I really don't want to take any illegal route.
        If this is not possible in a fair way then I am not going for it.
        I really appreciate your quick suggestion.

Regards,
        Abhisinha

Comment

But before you take any decision, please ask your employed if the H1B was applied with COS.
          If yes, then you are already working illegally on L1b visa. So this is an illegal step.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
            I am guessing through that your H1b could have been a COS and your work illegal ever since. You are in deep trouble if that is the case.
            This is the most important question which has been left unanswered by OP. Good luck to him/her!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X