X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with I94 Card

Hello All,
    Details about my case.
    At my POE in Feb 2009 , The Officer admitted me as per the Expiry date of my Passport.
    I94- Valid until Aug 2009

My I797 Petition is Valid until Nov 2010.
    My H1B Visa is Valid Until Sep 2009
    I got my fresh Passort recently with 10 years valditiy.

My Questions:
    1. Since My I94 is valid until 22 Aug 2009 , Do i need to renter again before that date. If yes then how many ays earleir do i need to reneter.
    2.As my Visa is also expiring by Sep 2009, Do i need to get the VISA stamped as well on my New Passport, on rentering

Thanks in advance for your answers.

-Thanks
    Sam

Details about my case.
    At my POE in Feb 2009 , The Officer admitted me as per the Expiry date of my Passport.

1. Since My I94 is valid until 22 Aug 2009 , Do i need to renter again before that date. If yes then how many ays earleir do i need to reneter.
    2.As my Visa is also expiring by Sep 2009, Do i need to get the VISA stamped as well on my New Passport, on rentering

---- First stop using colors in a post. That is equivalent of
    yelling on the internet

---- If your I-94 is valid till Aug 2009, you need to renew you H1 status as that is neding in Sep 2009. Bothe are very close dates.

---- Ther is no need to reenter or get a visa restamped as long as you continue maintaining status in the US with a valid petition tha has the I-94 attached to it which ensures the validity period

---- But remember not to yell anymore

Subramanya

Sam[/QUOTE]

Comment

Thanks for replying.
      I am really sorry for that. Will keep in mind in future.

Details about my case.

---- If your I-94 is valid till Aug 2009, you need to renew you H1 status as that is neding in Sep 2009. Bothe are very close dates.
      >>>> But My I797 petition is valid until Nov 2010. My VISA Expires in Sep 2009. I got the Current I94 in Feb 2009 while rentering.
      so what steps do I need to take to maintain the Status.

-Thanks
      Sam

Comment

Hi Guy's

Mine is almost similar case as Sam's

Details about my case.
        At my POE in Dec 2008 , The Officer gave new I-94 with validity date (Sep 09) as per the Expiry date of my Passport (Sep 09).

My I797 Petition and H1 visa stamp are Valid until Nov 2010.

Could someone please let us know the steps we need to take to get the new I-94 with new validity period OR extend the current I-94 with new validity period as per the I797 petition validity period....

Subramanya, from your reply "---- Ther is no need to reenter or get a visa restamped as long as you continue maintaining status in the US with a valid petition tha has the I-94 attached to it which ensures the validity period"

but I think the I-94 (which came with I797) gets invalid and becomes previous record when we got the new I-94 at POE... so I think we need to extend that validity period on this new I-94.... Could you suggest the steps we need to take to extend it...

Thanks a lot
        Sreen

Comment

Mine is almost similar case as Sam's

Details about my case.
          At my POE in Dec 2008 , The Officer gave new I-94 with validity date (Sep 09) as per the Expiry date of my Passport (Sep 09).

My I797 Petition and H1 visa stamp are Valid until Nov 2010.

Could someone please let us know the steps we need to take to get the new I-94 with new validity period OR extend the current I-94 with new validity period as per the I797 petition validity period....

Subramanya, from your reply "---- Ther is no need to reenter or get a visa restamped as long as you continue maintaining status in the US with a valid petition tha has the I-94 attached to it which ensures the validity period"

but I think the I-94 (which came with I797) gets invalid and becomes previous record when we got the new I-94 at POE... so I think we need to extend that validity period on this new I-94.... Could you suggest the steps we need to take to extend it...

---- Go to the nearest CBP office either at an airport or a POE by land and get it updated showing your old and new Passports. Carry your I-797 that shows the validity date

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X