Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 expired-Need travel urgently to India

Hi Senior Members,

I need to travel back to india on Feb20th 2009.My I-94 got expired on Feb-4th 2009.
    My new H1 extension got approved on Feb4th 2009.

My employer could not send me the either original copy of receipt or original approval notice to me.But he mailed me the scanned copy of I-797 A yesterday.

My question

1)Will there be any problem at port of exit if I travel without the original recipt or origanal approved petetion but take print of scanned copy of approval notice that was sent to me?

Thanks in advance.

No issues. The I-94 usually contains the same number and the record will get closed properly upon exit. Once you depart, upon returning follow the I-94 return procedure though not needed in your case.

Is there no overnight service available for your employer?

Returning an Uncollected Form I-94 Back to U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Exit is NEVER a problem. During entry, it is better to have the original I797.
    Last edited by txh1b; 02-18-2009, 09:43 AM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks txh1b for your reply

Comment

You need to carry your original copy of approved I-797 at POE. ask them to fedex you the copy of the I-797. Why to take chances?

ajay

Comment

Hi,

As correctly mentioned by txh1b , While EXIT there is no Problem as they do'nt ask for Approved Petition - You only have to give ur I-94 while going.
          (Does the scanned copy sent by ur employer - contains new extended I-94 at bottom) ,If Yes then submit that also

Its only while coming back - U should have the Original I-797 at POE.

also one more question - How long is ur Visa validity on the passport . As u have said that ur old I-94 expired on 4th Feb'2009.
          So I am hoping that ur Visa in the passport should be valid while coming back Otherwise u have to get it stamped again in India.

Thanks ,
          Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X