Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Extentions & Approved I-140 Petition

Dear Sir,

I got your mail ID from online research & need your valuable suggestion in this matter.

My H-1 b VISA is expiring on May 01, 2009 and also my Labor Application and I-140 has been approved.

Now I need to go India ASAP for some personal reasons and may need to stay there for couple of months. So is it possible to apply for the H-1B extension after May 01, 2009 while I am in India? Or I need to get it done from here only before going to India?

Second is, as my Labor and I-140 have been approved, so If I file extension from India after May 01, 2009, if it is possible, will effect my approved Labor and I-140?

What’s the maximum time I can stay in India without prejudicing my H-1b and I–140?

Please suggest the possible options I have?

I will really appreciate your response in this regards and will eagerly wait for your reply.

Best regards.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

If you want to file for an extension, you should file it before it expires.

That will not have any effect on your labor and I-140.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

get AP and come back to the country else you will be stuck with AAP or AP.

AJAY

Originally posted by immihelp
      Dear Sir,

I got your mail ID from online research & need your valuable suggestion in this matter.

My H-1 b VISA is expiring on May 01, 2009 and also my Labor Application and I-140 has been approved.

Now I need to go India ASAP for some personal reasons and may need to stay there for couple of months. So is it possible to apply for the H-1B extension after May 01, 2009 while I am in India? Or I need to get it done from here only before going to India?

Second is, as my Labor and I-140 have been approved, so If I file extension from India after May 01, 2009, if it is possible, will effect my approved Labor and I-140?

What’s the maximum time I can stay in India without prejudicing my H-1b and I–140?

Please suggest the possible options I have?

I will really appreciate your response in this regards and will eagerly wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Comment

get AP and come back to the country else you will be stuck with AAP or AP.

---- The OP cannot get AP until he/she files for I-485 depending on their PD

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X