Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on H1B

Hello,
    My husband is in H1 B status and his job responsibility has changed. His current employer are planning to apply for a new H1B with the new job responsibility and Salary. The question right now is. We already have our I140 approved and are waiting for a PD to become current for I485. Will the new H1B application reset the approved I140 or can we still hold our old I140 and PD since we are with the same employer. Please advice

Technically, the labor is for a future job. If the future job is same as the job for which the 140 was filed, that can remain. If not, they have to refile from labor but still retain the PD.

GC is for future employment.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for ur prompt reply. Just a quick question. what u mean by same job. For example if the job title has changed from Developer to Business analyst but with the same company then can we keep the same labor or should a new labor be applied

Comment

A new labor is needed with such a drastic change if the GC job has changed. Forget the GC world, it is needed even for a H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X