Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will DOL Complaint work?

Na
    Last edited by priyakanthi; 06-12-2009, 11:09 AM.

You should complain. But there is no such thing like 80-20, 90-10 as per DOL. The H1b employer is required to pay wages as per LCA at the least. It is the employees that get greedy and engage in such sharing schemes thereby bench without pay.

Rather, if you treat it like a FT job and get paid a fixed amount that works for all parties involved.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Paying for H1 is illegal.
      The visa approval should read company A and not B.
      Have they changed the name of the company ?

Did you talk to your employer about it ? What does he say ?

You should be paid on H1 right from the day you start working else you'll be out of status. You'll land up in problems.

Please complain to DOL using WH4 for. This form can be downloaded in the forum.
      DO NOT DELAY. These fraudsters should be brought to justice.

Comment

Your employer is a big time crook. To cover himself from this set-up, he has opened two companies. One through which he accepts all the money for H1b, contracts etc and a new handle B from which he runs his operations.

A big fraudulent scheme. Depending on the state you work in, look up the states labor website. They have rules that employees need to be paid within 15-30 days of the work done. Complain to them.

Regarding the H1b payment, gather all proofs and complain to DOL on a WH4 form which has been extensively discussed on the forum. You just need to look.

FT - Full time employment rather work for a good employer that pays you on time a regular salry irrespective of project or not. That is how it shoud be for H1b employees as per the law. 80-20, 90-10 all these are gimmicks.Find a good decent employer and transfer the H1b. H1b transfers are handled by USCIS and not DOL. You can work for a new employer after the transfer petition reaches USCIS. DOL enforces H1b salary rules and regulations and you don't get a receipt number for your complaint from DOL.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Read reviews on http://www.immihelp.com/h1b-sponsori...nies-database/. There are plenty of good US based consulting companies run by corporations and pvt agencies which are big. Avoid south asian companies which to my belief are 95% crooks.

Comment

Please report the issue to DOL.
            Let these crooks be punished for illegal acts in the US. They only know how to create problems for people.

Comment

If you complain to DOL, Neufield memo has some provisions for transferring to a new employer. Look it up on the forum. The links should be there on many posts or the older poats.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X