Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension

My current H1b is expiring in OCT 2009.
    When should I start the renewal process?
    I have heard that these days the renewal process is also getting tough and they are giving an extension of only 1 yr instead of 3 years.
    Also this is my first renewal...........Will they still give me for 1 year or 3 years. I havent applied for my green card yet!!! Is it the right time to file for the GC or is it too late????

Can anyone please help me with the information??? I am in a fix......

My current H1b is expiring in OCT 2009.
    When should I start the renewal process?

---- You can apply 6 months before the expiry of your H1

I have heard that these days the renewal process is also getting tough and they are giving an extension of only 1 yr instead of 3 years.

---- The time period you apply either 1 or 3 years is what is considered for renewal. They do not change it arbitrarily without reason. You will always hear all kinds of rumors

Also this is my first renewal...........Will they still give me for 1 year or 3 years.

---- If you apply for 1 year extension you will get 1 year and if it 3 years then you get 3 years

I havent applied for my green card yet!!! Is it the right time to file for the GC or is it too late????

---- If you want a green card your employer has to apply for it ans as such there is no right time. However, if there are queries you and your employer must be able to respond appropriately

Can anyone please help me with the information??? I am in a fix

---- What fix. You have as yet not done anything or seen anything. All this is normal life for a H1

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X