Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and employer is not calling for work

Hi,

I got my H1B stamped last year after Oct 2008 from Company A.

Company A has stated that they have lost the project now due to economic down trend and that it may take a while before they get new project.

1. Untill when can I travel if I remain with my present employer, as I have heard that one must start work as soon as one gets stamping.

2. Can I transfer my visa to new employer if I get a new job in US. (Note that I dont have any pay stubs from Company A as the employment did not begin in US and I am still in India.)

3. If the answer to Q2 above is yes, can this will be done when in India as I have not yet travelled to US on H1B visa.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
    RM

1. I have heard that one must start work as soon as one gets stamping.

--Thats not true.

2. Can I transfer my visa to new employer if I get a new job in US. (Note that I dont have any pay stubs from Company A as the employment did not begin in US and I am still in India.)

--possible, paystubs are required if you are in US to prove your status. Go through https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-transfer-faq/

3. If the answer to Q2 above is yes, can this will be done when in India as I have not yet travelled to US on H1B visa.

Ref. 2 ans
    I am not a lawyer and this is not a legal advice. Use it at your own risk. Consult professionals before getting into an action.

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response.

Regards,
      RM

Comment

In this case, My H1 was filed for the ERP (IT) experience and the base being the functional experience that I have.

But I also have solid functional experience.

Considering the above senario(where the company A, who fuiled for my Visa is not calling me as they have lost the project), can I look for job either in ERP (IT) or the functional experience that I have.

Rgds,
        RM

Comment

I think you did not read the FAQs. Read them. You can find another job/sponsor and transfer the H1b from your home country.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Apologies if my question was not worded correctly.

All I want to know is that an IT company (Company A) filled for my H1 visa for SAP FICO, but now I am getting a job in Non-IT field from Company B, like in the normal accouting and auditing profession.

Just wanted to know: since I did not begin my employment with Company A and the visa was for It work, will it impact the transfer to non-IT company while I am in Home country.

Rgds,
            RM

Comment

The visa number is per person. A programmer can become a Business Analyst or even a risk analyst or architectural designer if s/he has the necessary skills and the H1b is filed appropriately.

Problem may arise when a culinary chef wants to be a IT Programmer with no background in computers.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X