Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent, Need help....221(g) blue form issued at Chennai

Hi all,

I went for my H4 stamping at chennai on 19 feb 09. The consulate office looked deserted,

thanks to the recession period. The visa officer actually took my interview for 20 mins

(never heard of it before). He only asked 3-4 questions but took a lot of time scanning

each n every document that he asked me.

He asked for my husband's employment confirmation letter (which states that hez been

working from May 2008) and the pay stubs, i gave him last 3 months pay stubs, not

convinced, he asked for more and i gave him the October payslip also. that made it 4

months pay slips. still he wasn't convinced and asked me to provide more pay stubs,

which unfortunately i didn't have. so he issued me a blue colored 221(g) form asking for

all the pay stubs from the time my husband entered US and the W2 form for 2008.

Now the real problem is, even though my husband went to US in last week of April 2008,

he got a job only in October 2008. so that leaves a gap of 5 months and during this time

he was not given any bench pay also. I have his W2 form but for only 3months (Oct, Nov

&Dec 2008).

Can any body please help me as to how to proceed in this matter, im absolutely

clueless.

Any suggestions are more than welcome. Its very urgent.

Thanks in advance.

Mayukha

There is not much you can do. This forum has always been telling people it is NOT okay to be on unpaid bench period on a H1b.

Your husband should have complained to DOL about the non-payment then itself. The 11th hour solution for this problem does not exist. You submit everything you have and hope for the best.

You and your husband are in for some trouble in the future due to this as they have been very strict about such issues in the recent past.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

You husband was out of status till october.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X