No announcement yet.

Visa stamping required after H1 transfer? My H1 visa is valid until Nov 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa stamping required after H1 transfer? My H1 visa is valid until Nov 2010

Hi.

I have got my H1 transferred to new employer B. My initial visa with employer A is still valid until November 2010. I am visiting India next month, and my basic question is Do I need to go for visa stamping once again, as I have changed my employer from A to B in the present emerging difficult economic conditions(difficult H1B conditions)?

I just want to know, Is by law, Is it must to have the visa stamped, when we change the employer and visiting India?

What do we need to fill in the new I-94, whether the new Employer B's EAC number or the old Employer EAC number, when we are at the port of Entry returning to US?

What could be the possible questions, that might be asked by the immigration officer, because of not having visa stamped with new employerB?

Thanks,
    Rachana
    Last edited by rachanasadu; 02-21-2009, 06:07 PM.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

gone thru the FAQ, but I am asking about present situation

As per the FAQ I can go with my previous visa and new H1 papers. But I wanted to get the info on this as per the latest situation. I just heard that some of immigration officers are asking about why you have not done stamping with the new employer etc..

Please clarify if any one has gone thru the same situation and please help.

Comment

Where did you hear that?

Comment

Foreign Affirs Manual has this: google for it if you want to. You should stop listening to whoever keeps telling you false info.

9 FAM 41.53 N8.3-3 Validity of H-1B When There is a
          Change of Employer
          (CT:VISA-1041; 09-26-2008)
          a. After changing H-1B employers in accordance with DHS procedures for
          making such a change, an H-1B visa holder may continue to use his or
          her original H-1B visa for entry into the United States. Upon applying for
          entry, the visa holder must present the new Form I-797, Notice of Action,
          evidencing the approval of the change of employer in addition to the visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X