Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranferring H1 to another company, while my previous transfer is in process

Hi,

I have H1 visa with Company A. I got offer from Company B. My H1 transfer process has been started for company B. Now I got offer from Company C. Can I transfer my H1 to company C at the same time, when my transfer process with company B is in progress?? Will there be any problem??

Thanks

Search and read about "bridging" on the forum

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by innovative
      Hi,

I have H1 visa with Company A. I got offer from Company B. My H1 transfer process has been started for company B. Now I got offer from Company C. Can I transfer my H1 to company C at the same time, when my transfer process with company B is in progress?? Will there be any problem??

Thanks
      -- yes you can dontworry about company B transfer process, you can transfer your H1 with any employer .... but remember this read below text on Bridging..
      "The Yates May 2005 Memo addresses situations involving serial H1B filings and the ability to use H1B portability in these instances. Essentially, these are situations where the individual is in H1B status and desires to work with another employer. The second employer, Employer B, files a new H1B petition for the individual while that person's current H1B with Employer A is valid. In this instance, under AC21, the individual is permitted to work for Employer B following the filing of the new H1B petition. Bridging comes into play if the person finds a better employment offer, through Employer C while the case with Employer B is still pending and after the I-94 with Employer A has expired.
      The Memo states that H1B portability would apply and the individual would be eligible to work for Employer C in this situation. Ultimately, in order to get a particular "bridged" H1B approved, it must qualify as an extension of stay. Therefore, each link in the bridge must be approved in order for a later-filed H1B extension to be approved. If the person's H1B status expires while the various H1B petitions are pending, any denial of one in the string of H1B extensions will break the bridge and the later case/s will not be approved as H1B extension/s of status."

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X