Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on H1B Validity period

Hi,
    i entered US in 2006 Nov on B1 and got my status changed to H1B in Feb 2007 ( i already have an approved H1b Petition by august 2006 through employer A)

I got my H1B transfered to employer B in feb 2008. Now on the I-797 form, the validity period is given from feb 2008 to feb 2011.

My questions are

1. When I made a transfer to employer B, why is my validity period given till Feb 2011 (4 yrs from Feb 2007 i.e my date of status change to H1B) when its usually 3 yrs for the first term of H1B.

2. So when should i file for my next H1B extension as per the above validiity period I have on I-797 form (i.e till Feb 2011)

3. Also, can I still go to Mexico or canada for stamping ?

Please kindly advise me on the above questions.

Thanks
    Vanaja

1) When you transferred your H1 in feb, that's when the new three year time begins. Three years from the time of approval. Feb 2008 to Feb 2011 is three years.

2) When the latest I-94 expires. Feb 2011.

3) If it is your first time stamping, maybe NO. Read website for Canada/Mexico Consulate.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

H1b extension period is dependent on the LCA of the employer. If the new employer had submitted and requested a 3 year extension and you had it available, they would grant you a 3 year extension.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X