Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer + second 6 yrs

Hi All,
    I have a couple of urgent questions that I'd appreciate your help with.

1)Is it possible to be on two full-time H1Bs at the same time? Say I give notice to company A that my last day of work will be Dec 31st, but due to quick approval of H1B transfer to company B I have the new H1B on (say) Dec 26th. From Dec 26th to Dec 31st - is it possible to hold two simultaneous full time H1B visas? What are the conditions, if any? Would the answer change if I take leave from company A from Dec 26th-Dec31st?

2) Is it possible to leave the US without completing the 6 years on H1B and come back on a new H1B after staying outside for 1 year? What happens to time left on the earlier H1B? Or would I have to complete the time(6 years) on the earlier H1B no matter what before starting a new H1B?

Thanks and hoping for a quick reply!

Read the FAQs.

1. There is no mandatory rule for you to join a new employer right after transfer if your other H1b is still valid and you are working.

2. If you go through a new quota after 1 year, you can get a new 6 year term.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b
      Read the FAQs.

1. There is no mandatory rule for you to join a new employer right after transfer if your other H1b is still valid and you are working.

2. If you go through a new quota after 1 year, you can get a new 6 year term.

Thanks for your reply. I did read the FAQs, but my situation is slightly different.
      1. I understand that there is no mandatory rule, but what if I want to join the new employer B as soon as I can i.e. before my last day for employer A?
      2. So, as long as I stay outside the US for 1 year, I can apply for a new 6 year term? Is that correct? Alternatively, would it also be possible to come back on the original H1B if needed?

Thanks again in advance.

Comment

How can you join a new employer before your last day at A? If you are burning some vacation time with A and joining B, that might be okay. But, you should be working for only 1 employer at a time unless the H1b is filed as a concurrent H1b.

If you read the FAQ, the remainder option should have cleared your second question.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X