Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 visa after H1-B petition is approved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 visa after H1-B petition is approved?

I have an H1 petition approved form company ABC in year 2008 (no stamping yet) and my current employer XYZ wants to process my L1 visa. I have the following queries:
    1. Does filing for L1 visa petition in any way cancel or revoke the H1 visa petition which has already been approved by USCIS?
    2. Is it advisable to go ahead with my L1 at the same time when my H1 petition has been approved?
    3. Will two petitions at the same time for 2 different types of Visa's (L and H) for 2 different employer's conflict with each other?
    4. Will it cause any unwanted questions at the consulate during H1 or L1 visa interview?
    5. If petition for L1 visa is also filed does it in any way affect my chances of getting a successful H1 stamping?
    6. What is the suggested route in this case?
    7. How long is the H1 petition valid without stamping?
    8. Can I go for my L1 stamping first and then after that go for my H1 stamping?

Please answer!!

I have an H1 petition approved form company ABC in year 2008 (no stamping yet) and my current employer XYZ wants to process my L1 visa. I have the following queries:

---- All your queries are just a repeat of one another using the same words and just turning them around for attention
    However, they are being replied just for your benefit

1. Does filing for L1 visa petition in any way cancel or revoke the H1 visa petition which has already been approved by USCIS?

---- No it does not

2. Is it advisable to go ahead with my L1 at the same time when my H1 petition has been approved?

---- That is solely a decision by you as it is your petition, your career and your interest

3. Will two petitions at the same time for 2 different types of Visa's (L and H) for 2 different employer's conflict with each other?

---- Read Q2 above

4. Will it cause any unwanted questions at the consulate during H1 or L1 visa interview?

---- Yes, of course. After all what are your intentions. Do you need to have that many petitions approved and have a visa from each one of them whenever you want them and retain them on your Passport for some exhibition

5. If petition for L1 visa is also filed does it in any way affect my chances of getting a successful H1 stamping?

---- Refer to Q4

6. What is the suggested route in this case?

---- All that depends on your interest, desire and purpose

7. How long is the H1 petition valid without stamping?

---- As per the last validity date mentioned on the petition. Forum members do not have a clue of the start date and ending dates

8. Can I go for my L1 stamping first and then after that go for my H1 stamping?

---- The choice is yours. After all whom do you want to join and work for?

----- There is no doubt that you are just gathering the opinion of members and what you decide has nothing to do with anyone. Once again the queries are just an exhibition of your imagination by turning and twisting your questions. Speak up your mind, ask a few pertinent questions and be out of the forum when your questions are answered and complete the thread

Subramanya

Comment

It may seem as if m trying to gather attention but the fact is I am in dilemma. Maybe that’s why some of the questions seem as repeats of other. Thing is considering current economic situation I do not want to go for my H1 rite away and would like to wait for some time for things to settle down and in the mean while my current employer is wanting me to travel on L1 and I don’t have much experience on either of these.

I just wanted to know if I concentrate on my current job(which includes L1) if and how will it affect my future prospects of going on an H1?

Comment

It may seem as if m trying to gather attention but the fact is I am in dilemma. Maybe that’s why some of the questions seem as repeats of other. Thing is considering current economic situation I do not want to go for my H1 rite away and would like to wait for some time for things to settle down and in the mean while my current employer is wanting me to travel on L1 and I don’t have much experience on either of these.

I just wanted to know if I concentrate on my current job(which includes L1) if and how will it affect my future prospects of going on an H1?

---- Ok, sometimes issues are not clear the first time. thanks for clarifying and making intentions specific and you can always change from L1 to H1

---- Yes, you can concentrate on L1, come to the US, make a judgement of the market place for your type of assignment, the possibilities and opportunities etc. It will not affect your future H1 or anything and you can always switchover. However ensure that you are always in status by getting paid all the time by the respective employer.

---- If you intend swithcing over to H1 employer while in the US, ensure that they are worthwhile and they have good credentials to back up as nowadays you can find all types of employers and nobody like you wants to be a victim of circumstances as the employer was unable to pay you or find a project/client etc. Although it is not your prerogative to find a project, but if there is'nt one then you become the victim. Hope all this clear. any further questions is forum is open to you

Subramanya

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X