Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 - H1 Cos

Hi

I did leapfrog and came back on L1 on Oct 2008. In Jan 2009 I though I should join my H1 employer, so my H1 employer filed for COS in normal processing, its under process and I got new receipt number also.

Now I dont want to join my h1 employer due to bad market condition, in this case what I need to do if my COS get approve?

Leapfrog again.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

In this case if I tell my employer to take back the COS request, can it be possible?

Another thing I would like to mention is my L1 is getting expire in Jun 2009, and my L1 employer is going to process my L1 extension, what care do I need to take to not affect my L1 extension?

Comment

Leapfrog will void COS. Taking back COS has a possibility of getting approved even before the "take back" request is looked at by USCIS which would mean you will have no status at that time resulting in you becoming illegal.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thnx for your reply, I have some more doubts

1. What if my COS gets approve and I go for L1 extension request without leapfrog?

2. As my L1 is getting expire in Jun 15 2009, and if I dont get my COS approve before Jun 15 2009 and sametime my L1 extension is in process, what wiill happen in this case?

3. My L1 employer is requesting all the documents for my L1 extension now, as he want to prepare case for me. If I provide my documents(Including I94) and he forward my case for L1 extension to USCIS, after this I get my COS approve , what will happen to my L1 extension?

Comment

1. COS approved means you have to be working on H1b. You are no longer on L1 and so your extension has no meaning.
            2. Last action rule comes into picture. If H1b gets approved first, you will no longer be on L1. Once L1 gets approved, You will no longer be on H1.
            3. 2 answers this. Having competing petitions is never a good idea.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

How much time it will take to process COS in normal process?

Comment

2-6 months

Comment

I got my COS approval yesterday. Now my status is H1, if I want to be L1, I have to go back India and come again on L1. Is this correct?

I have question in mind that, if my status has been changed to H1, how can i come back on L1 again because they just changed my status from L1 to H1.
                  Isnt my L1 get invalid when they change my staus to H1.? How it works?

Comment

Visa, petition and status are three different things. Though linked in some fashion, a change in status does not void the underlying L1 petition.

You can no longer work on L1 and it is illegal unless you do a leap frog.

Comment

I have L1 extension due on Jun 2009. I ma planning to go back India in Apr2009 and will be back on L1 (LeapFrog) in the same month.
                      Is it safe to travel outside US while L1 extenion is so clsoe, will it affect my extension, I am planning to file for L1 extension once I come back on L1.

Comment

I have L1 extension due on Jun 2009. I am planning to go back India in Apr2009 and will be back on L1 (LeapFrog) in the same month.
                        Is it safe to travel outside US while L1 extenion is so clsoe, will it affect my extension, I am planning to file for L1 extension once I come back on L1.

Which I94 I have to submit while leaving USA? One with the L1 or the one which came with H1 COS?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X