Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Change of status from H1 to B2

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Change of status from H1 to B2

    I got laid off recently and need to stay legal till I can transfer my H1 to another company
    Can I apply for a change of status from H1b to B2 while being in the US?
    How much time does it take?
    What are the chances of rejection?
    Is I 539 the form?
    What is the procedure and precautions?


  • #2
    You can. But the intention is to not wait till the B2 is processed. It could take several months and could result in a denial as well. You have to find a job soon, use the B2 as a bridge, get a new H1b PPd, travel out and re-enter on that approved H1b.

    For a "bridging" to work as extension of stay all petitions have to be approved which may not happen. Read bridging posts on the forum.

    I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.