h1 visa stamping is in pending status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h1 visa stamping is in pending status

My h1 visa stamping is in pending status. US consulate officer gave me query form 221 & asked me to submit the required documents along with my petition.I will be informed through email as soon as administrative processing will get over on my case.After their response , I have to submit my passport to VFS office.Now i have to travel to USA by 20th march 2009.So can anyone tell me approx time taken by consulate in this procedure.

My h1 visa stamping is in pending status. US consulate officer gave me query form 221 & asked me to submit the required documents along with my petition.I will be informed through email as soon as administrative processing will get over on my case.After their response , I have to submit my passport to VFS office.Now i have to travel to USA by 20th march 2009.So can anyone tell me approx time taken by consulate in this procedure.

---- There is no time limit for administrative processing. It takes weeks to months. Any time limit given to you or if you have heard is only pure speculation. All you can do is wait for the response from the US Consulate

---- It is unfortunate, but that is the way things work. If you are lucky you may get a reply faster. AS far as your travel is concerned, you may have to reschedule it as you have to await a reply from the US Consulate

Subramanya

Comment

Subramanya is RIGHT.

My security clearance is pending since Jan'09. I was supposed to join my employer by first week of Feb'09 but couldn't because of the 221g issue.

All we can do is wait and pray.
      I'm not a lawyer. But I've first hand experience of the things I comment on.
      ~~ My comments are 'Not A Legal Advice'. ~~

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X